Welcome to AryaLinux
AryaLinux is a GNU/Linux operating system built from source using instructions from the LFS and BLFS books. Even though AryaLinux started off as an implementation of LFS, a lot of things changed along the way in order to make AryaLinux a complete distribution in itself.
AryaLinux supports the KDE Plasma 5, XFCE, Gnome3 and Mate desktop environments as of now, the default being Gnome3
- March 16, 2020 - Fixed the installer issue in gnome and KDE ISOs.
- March 14, 2020 - AryaLinux 2.4, development release ready.
- March 14, 2020 - Successfully built the very new gnome-3.36 desktop which was released a few days back.
- February 8, 2020 - Added build script for google-chrome and removed the chromium-bin script from repository. One can now install the Google Chrome browser on AryaLinux by executing: alps install google-chrome from the terminal.
- January 15, 2020 - Fixed the openjdk script to use the binary available at https://jdk.java.net/13/ and added build script for maven. Added an article on installation of java development environment and sudo error.
- January 11, 2020 - Fixed the NameError: global name 'subprocess' is not defined issue with the installer.
- January 09, 2020 - AryaLinux 2.1 Released.
- December 30, 2019 - First KDE Plasma build successful. The latest release would ship with the KDE plasma desktop ISO.
- December 30, 2019 - Starting work on the new website for the new domain.
- December 27, 2019 - Started working on version 2.1, the next release based on LFS stable 9.0.
- December 28, 2019 - Successful release build of XFCE, Gnome and Mate for release 2.1.